The cooperative and mutual insurance sector has long been associated with having a strong heritage but its continued success and growth also point to an outstanding capability to respond to changing market dynamics and emerging consumer needs. This capability will underpin our sector’s future development as it contends with new demographic trends, ongoing financial market instability, climate change, shifting consumer behaviours and digital disruption. It’s about rethinking the way we serve and create value for our members; it’s about reinventing ourselves through innovation and shaping external perceptions of our sector. It is about redesigning insurance – and this will be the theme of our ICMIF Biennial Conference 2017.
The setting for the 2017 Biennial Conference will be London: the capital of the UK and the financial capital of the world. It combines old and new, with a history that stretches back to Roman times and yet a contemporary vibrancy that has inspired our conference theme.
Over three days of discovery, debate and discussion, the Conference will look at:
- Embedding innovation in our business strategy and organizational culture
- Understanding emerging global risks and managing them in our local markets
- Balancing new social, economic and technological possibilities with growing regulatory pressures
- Empowering young leaders to help shape the success of our sector
- Shifting external perceptions of our sector in order to strengthen our reputation and socio-economic power
The Conference format has also been redesigned: an open space session will give delegates the chance to influence the agenda; and a Young Leaders’ Program will inspire and reward our members’ younger staff who, one day, could well be the leaders of redesigning insurance.
We look forward to welcoming you all to London!
For more information on the Biennial Conference please visit the event website.
For more information on the Young Leaders' Program please click here.